Starting date: September 1, 2022
Length of time: December 30, 2022 (with the option to extend)
Location: The Hague
Hourly rate: Competitive
For our client we are looking for an ambitious Financial Controller who wants to be involved in a finance position which is close to the business and a sparring partner for management. Do you want to be part of a growing ambitious organization?
You are looking for a challenging financial controller position within a global asset management organization. You are an enthusiastic team player with ambition and a healthy degree of professional skepticism. You are pro-active and are looking for a position with room for taking initiative.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Running and oversight of the day-to-day administration of AAM NL and related AAM entities and be involved in the monthly/quarterly closing process of those entities;
- Be involved in the preparation of the internal reporting of financial and management information to the AAM Global Finance team and the AAM Management Board;
- Be involved in the preparation of the external reporting: (semi-)annual financial statements and regulatory reporting to the DNB and AFM;
- Management supporter within the accounts payable process. The role will be the internal point of contact for the business regarding invoices and the external point of contact for the invoice processing department of our client and their suppliers.
- Responsible for the accounts receivable and invoicing of clients for our 2 NL based locations and accompanying payment process. The role will be the point of contact for the Account Management department and our clients.
- Provide financial support to, challenge and interact with the business
- Bachelor or Master degree in business administration, accounting, finance or other relevant studies;
- Two to four years relevant work experience;
- Full time (38-40 hours a week);
- Strong operational profile: willing and able to get involved in the businesses;
- Problem solving abilities;
- Proven analytical and communication skills;
- Accountability and ability to challenge in a constructive manner;
- Experience with Peoplesoft, Oracle, Tagetik, Revport would be a plus;
- Fluent in English both written and verbally.
And of course you are professional and conscientious. Last but not least you have a can-do attitude and you will go the extra mile if needed.
The Finance function within AAM Global consists of 2 sub functions: Global Business Control and Finance & Control and involves 34 employees who are working on 4 different locations: The Hague, Groningen, Edinburgh and Cedar Rapids (US). Finance & Control consists of separate teams per AAM legal entity and are focused on the administration and reporting of AAM’s legal entities while the Global Business Control function is focused on financial business partnering and providing management information (Actuals and Forecast/Budget) to the AAM’s Global business.
This role is is located in the Hague. The Finance & Control department is responsible for the general ledger, accounts receivable & payable, monthly closing and all internal and external reporting. The financial control over the reporting includes oversight over the day-to-day administration of AAM NL and related AAM entities in the Netherlands. The Finance & Control team consists of 4 people. The team reports to the Head of AAM NL Finance & Control while the department resorts directly under the Global CFO.
When you are interested in this role and it suits your working experience please send us your resume and a short motivation. You can e-mail this to firstname.lastname@example.org.