For an assignment of one of our clients in the west of The Netherlands, we are looking for an experienced IFRS Financial Accounting Specialist / Consultant.
Start date: In short term
Hours: 32 – 40 hours a week
Duration: Until Christmas, with the possibility for extension until may 2020
The IFRS 9 and 17 program focuses on the implementation of IFRS 9 and IFRS 17 standards within Nationale Nederlanden. Both new regulations impact a lot of financial streams within the balance sheet, P&L and disclosures, but not all. The so called non IFRS 9 and 17 streams need to continue to feed the new GL, next to the new IFRS 9 and 17 streams. During these parallel runs based on the the comparative figures, these non IFRS 9 and 17 streams need to be part of this reporting, but are also still required for our current reporting. The Scope are the Dutch Life and Non-life entities.
Summarized there are two main challenges:
- Isolate the non IFRS 9 and IFRS 17 numbers and use these financial numbers, next to regular reporting, also for the IFRS 9 and 17 reporting.
- First deliverable is to create the possible scenario’s to be able to create an approach. After that, the execution of this approach.
The ideal candidate has the following profile
- Financial accounting and reporting knowledge of insurers
- Understand the scope and impact of IFRS 9 and 17
- The possibilities of interfaces to redirect financial streams
- The possibilities of GL/PeopleSoft, defining corrective journals and setting up control accounts
- Despite the changes, keep the old and new GL reliable and auditable
- Hands on project manager, team worker and pro-active
- Speaks and writes business English
If this vacancy and required experience fits your profile and availability, we would like to receive your profile as soon as possible, including a short motivation.
Please mention your availability, desired salary or hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org.