For an assignment in The Hague we are looking for a Business Information Architect.
Start date: In short term
Location: The Hague
Duration: 12 month
Hours: 36 hours per week
Hourly rate: Maximum 100,- per hour depending on experience
Our relation is looking for an ambitious Business Information Architect / Data Modeler for the set-up of the Finance & Risk Data Analytics Platform. His / her role of Business Information Architect is to develop Application Data Models by providing thought leadership, business analysis and data organizational skills to the project.
Your role is to analyze databases and business systems requirements in order to perform data modeling, which consists of design high level conceptual business/data models, entity-relationship and dimensional logical data models, and detailed physical database design models. You will work with business and application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models. Together with the other members of the development team you ensure all requirements are captured and reflected in the models. You record information requirements from design sessions and reviews requirements already gathered by business analysts or application teams.
- Create functional and technical designs as input for developers;
- Responsible for applying divisional enterprise business metadata standards to data and object models;
- Create and maintain data dictionary documents, table and data lineage models and produce artifacts to support project development;
- Analyze information and data requirements and understand effects of data inconsistencies;
- Ensure data integrity, consolidation, consistency and meta data development in conjunction with data architecture and information architecture professionals;
- Audit project level data model quality deliverables to ensure that practices and standards are met.
- Experience in Insurance – Finance/Risk domain (preferable in the context of Solvency II Financial reporting);
- An expert resource on matters of data architecture to business and IT project staff;
- Has capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solution;
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving;
- Has the ability to meet deadlines and drive for results;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel.
- 10+ years experience as business analyst;
- 5+ years of full-time data modeling;
- Experience in Insurance Finance/ Risk domain;
- Expert knowledge of metadata management, data modelling and data modelling tools (Power Designer);
- Expert knowledge of all DB design patterns;
- Experience with enterprise big data platforms;
- Experience in working with complex systems applications chain (building models to support the entire application chain);
- Good understanding of the latest data technologies (ADLS, Databricks, ADF, SPARK);
- Exposure working in a Microsoft Azure Data Platform environment;
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) and DevOps way of working.
Our relation offers
- A modern international work environment and a motivated team;
- Working on the most challenging, relevant issues in the financial services and technology.
If this vacancy and required experience fit your profile and availability, we would like to receive your resume as soon as possible, including a short motivation. Please mention your availability, desired salary or hourly rate to email@example.com.